Tuesday, January 7

The Highlights of My 2013 (January - July)

I have spent the first 7 days of 2014 in so much awe! It seems like the days came in a breeze, the smooth kind. I have spent a good quality time with family and friends - both personal and online (can't get enough of people from around the globe). At the same time, I was able to get a lot of quiet time just by reading books, watching TV series, jogging and reflecting. And I can't help looking back at how I have spent my days in 2013. It took me to self-discovery in a lot of levels, the good and the bad. Let's take a walk down the memory lane, shall we?

January
At work, we have a group called TGIF where we meet every Friday to honor God by sharing His word to our colleagues and friends. As we fix our eyes on Jesus Christ, we are so blessed and we wanted to share that blessing to others too. We organized a full party with food & drinks, games, song & dance numbers, face painting, decorate-your-own-cupcake, mini act/play and even brought a photo-booth set-up for the kids to enjoy! It was indeed a fruitful Saturday morning for all of us.


Another thing is the celebration of Miguel's 31st at home with his family. I love how simple yet special the idea is. We ordered Chinese food from our favorite restaurant in San Juan for dinner and I got him an ice cream cake!


February
I love the beach and traveling and going to Puerto Princesa, Palawan with friends is perfect to celebrate love month.


March
It's official! I'm living with my not-so-little brother and two cousins in my current apartment. That means, a  lot of DIY for the home and meals too.


It was a busy month of nesting and one of my college bestfriends got married! Oh, I love March! <3


April
Started Q2 with a trip to Mindoro with my not-so-little brother to celebrate his shared birthday with Tatay Indo. He's thrilled with more future travels together!


May
Discovered my inner Amazona and Gladiator moves at our company team-building in Tanay, Rizal.


June
Finally met the fiance of my long time since-kindergarten-bff, Kathy when they visited the Philippines. Together we explored the Old Manila and some undiscovered beaches up North.


Another dream destination came true this month of June when I visited Camiguin with friends. More on this from my CDO-Camiguin-Bukidnon post.


July
It's a CHALLENGE-full month of July. I joined an online selfie challenge called #abeautifulmess on Instagram and through it, I gained an online friend who happens to be the childhood friend of my cousin in the US. Wow, small world and it's just perfectly awesome! Also, I found my sweet spot in running too, with the help of my not-so-little brother. Most importantly, simplifying my life by owning a simple, Pinoy-made phone and eating mostly home-cooked meals :)



So far, so good eh? Will be back for the next half tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello! Thank you for reading. Let's make this life more beautiful!